Dantec is a world leader in composite hose technology, applying more than 40 years manufacturing and technical excellence to deliver solutions to a global distribution and support network spread across more than 50 countries. A Formula One trusted supplier for more than 15 years, Dantec is renowned for having the ultimate range of fire safe and durable composite hose solutions.
Our innovative products cover all types of bespoke Petrochemical, Marine and Industrial applications including fluid transfer of petroleum and chemicals, cryogenic hose for liquid gas transfer, fluoropolymer hose for the transfer of aggressive acids, biofuels, vapour hose for hydrocarbon products and special construction hose.
When you can’t afford to compromise on safety, choose fire-safe VRS
- Vapour is released gradually, thereby giving an early warning signal unlike other hoses in order to prevent sudden catastrophic failure
- Cutting edge technology based on extensive research and development as a solution to Formula One safety issues
- Can be used in a wide range of end use applications for the transfer of fuel, chemicals and vapour
- Pioneering product innovation ensures maximum protection for your assets whilst transferring fuel and other hazardous substances
- Composite hoses also have major advantages in terms of flexibility, weight, chemical resistance and price over other forms of flexible hose
How it works
fire-safe composite hose utilises a series of non-asbestos barriers to conductive and radiative heat to achieve outstanding fire retardant ability. With fire-safe hose, after thirty minutes of severe fire attack, the hose carcass is still intact and capable of holding product. From a fire fighting and personnel point of view, this is a critical factor.
A severe situation is where hot, vapourising fuel is violently deposited onto a running or spillage fire; a situation made worse when water is involved, often resulting in catastrophic effects.
Even after loss of integrity, fire-safe hose will not fail catastrophically. Instead it will gradually burn off the product as it presents itself to atmosphere. In addition to testing by Dantec at our Moreton factory, the fire-safe hose has been independently tested by the British Government Department of the Environment, Fire Research Station and also the Swedish Fire Service.